1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
Anderson Cooper saving a boy in Haiti during a shooting. A slab of concrete was dropped of the boys head.
Anderson fucking Cooper, everyone.
Some journalists like to be strictly observers. they don’t intervene, they don’t participate. they just document what they see, even if what they see is terrible. But the way I see it, journalists don’t exist in a vacuum. They are human beings, living and working in a very human environment. And that humanity is essential in relating to their stories. When you lose your humanity, you lose any kind of journalistic integrity you have left.
This is awesome
I will never not reblog this
Kids work together to create eternal recess
a happy couple might’ve got married today
someone might’ve kissed their best friend and realized they are gay today
someone might’ve found out they were officially cancer free today
someone might’ve finally finished their debut novel today
lots of interesting things might’ve happening today
we should celebrate
you’re the kind of person everyone needs in their lives
real talk does anyone ever just take a moment to appreciate the flawless combination that is cheese and tomatoes
cheese and tomatoes
cheese and tomatoes
cheese and tomatoes
c h e e s e a n d t o m a t o e s
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is a monument in dedication to the services of an unknown soldier, Marine, airman or sailor and to the common memories of all soldiers, Marines, airmen and sailors killed in any war. Throughout history, many soldiers have died in wars with their remains being unidentified. The tomb is guarded 24/7 365. Even through hurricanes as a sign of respect.
These soldiers stand guard, day and night, through blistering heat and freezing cold. They stand in driving rain without flinching. It is one of the highest honors to guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and there are no excuses, no rainy days. One year, a really bad hurricane swept through the coast and the soldiers were given permission to leave their post. They declined, choosing to stay and guard the tomb.
These men inspire me and have my utmost respect. Thank you.
I got to see them change the guard at one point. It is so moving to see them in person. You can cut the silence with a knife
I saw the changing of the guard once too- it gave me goose bumps.
Pakistani teenager Aitzaz Hasan died Monday after tackling a suicide bomber trying to enter his school. By sacrificing himself, he saved the lives of the 2,000 students studying inside. Hasan’s father says, ”My son made his mother cry, but saved hundreds of mothers from crying for their children.”
This is bravery. This is selflessness. This is true courage.
Here is a beautiful picture of his grave decorated with many flowers. May Allah rest his soul in peace…
rest in power my friend
best response to a sexist boyfriend
If you haven’t seen She’s The Man yet you need to examine your life choices.
I love this film so damn much